8.06.2010

my LOOKs: paisley, lace & gold

in effort to share a bit about me, i am starting a post-line of {my LOOKs}. my everyday outfits, including those vintage pieces that are so dear to my heart that i will never part with. + we might even get a sneak peek at some of my much treasured, vintage home decor along the way as well.

necklace:
this gold 'frame' necklace is a true gem! from the moment i spotted it under the glass counter at my {frequently visited} salvation army, i knew we were destined to be together. ironically, until i met this dear piece i was not much of a 'gold lover'...but one look at this beauty & gold was my new silver!

under-tank:
i picked up this lace under-tank last week at Charlotte Russe & let me just say what a GREAT purchase that was. being a long waisted girl i am always having to wear under-tanks & this one gives me the feminine touch i've longed for when reaching in my tank drawer.

skirt:
this paisley printed skirt caught my eye on the thrift store 'skirt rack' a few weeks back. with a bit of hem-snipping it is a fun addition to my summer skirt collection. i love the pleated gathering look on the front.

shoes:
what a HAPPY DAY it was when these simple-lace ankle boots became mine. i'm sure they had been passed up by many prior thrifters, but to me they were vintage shoes made-to-order & a LOVELY new member in my shoe family.

hat:
my husband bought this straw fedora for me at TjMaxx earlier this summer & i just can't seem to get enough of it. in fact, i wear it so often that i'm not sure it will make it to see next summer.

there you have it. the first of {my LOOKs}.
i had fun sharing my treasures & i hope you enjoyed them too!

:) rebecca

ps.
do you like my new {thrifted} china cabinet??? i just got it on tuesday & i can't WAIT to fill it with vintage goodies.