9.19.2010

my LOOKs: green pencil, polkadots + a NEW "do"

today i wore a SUPER fun outfit (in my opinion)! it is a LOOK that really screams the styles i love. i seriously wish i could dress like this more often, it just isn't practical though for a crazy mother of 4 rowdy boys. it does make me appreciate more, the times that i DO 'dress up' & makes me plan those outfits with a bit more thought.


skirt:
green is my FAVORITE color, so this thrifted pencil skirt was an instant winner in my eyes! although, i have never been a 'high-waisted loving' girl...in fact i seemed to be more of a 'hater' of the high waist. but as of late i am starting to LOVE the look (especially the way it hides the leftover baby belly!).

blouse:
i picked up this off-white knitted blouse from TJ-Maxx last fall, but didn't get much use of it due to my increasingly growing belly this time last year. i am LOVING it now though, especially
the pleated neckline.

shoes:
these lace-up beauties were one of those 'MUST HAVES' that rarely seem to cross my path! last year while shopping for shoes for my husband at RackRoom, i spotted these & it only took a few seconds of begging to convince him i NEEDED them (a nice perk of rarely 'MUST HAVING').

necktie-bow:
this is my favorite of the necktie-bow's that i have made so far (available in my shop). i said that green is my FAVE color...well, BROWN comes in at a close 2nd. & the polka-dots just take it to seriously amazing next level!

hair-do:
yes, i did get a haircut (sorry Rach...i just HAD to!). i have been trying to grow out my hair for 4 years, only to discover that i don't like long hair on me. after looking over pictures of our past 9 years together, rich and i BOTH decided that we like short hair on me WAAAAAAAY better. so WHY was i keeping it long anymore!?!? - yesterday while at my mom's house i told her if she didn't cut it for me, than i would! so she, knowing my threat to be a serious one, went against her 'long hair is best' philosophy & cut it for me!!! i LOVE having her cut it because i can tell her EXACTLY what to do & she LISTENS! i realized that she has been cutting our (her children) hair for over 30 years & she know what i like...so WHY did i ever go to someone else for a haircut??? - needless to say, we LOVE it!!! & as soon as i see mom again, i'm gonna have her go a little shorter!

hope you enjoyed my outfit...& hope that you had a GREAT weekend!

:) rebecca